Kerio MailServer is what's known as a "groupware server" which basically means it allows several companies or organisations to collaborate on it at the same time.
Kerio MailServer does this through email, shared contacts, shared calendars and tasks. Kerio MailServer is completely secure because it is integrated with McAfee Antivirus which enables it to instantly remove viruses from incoming and outgoing email. Likewise, SpamEliminator automatically detects and filters spam from the server.
Kerio WebMail is particularly easy to use. You can drag-and-drop mails to an extent that's not possible in Outlook but at the same time, it can be used in conjunction with Outlook because Kerio MailServer Server-based calendars and address books synchronize seamlessly with both Outlook, Entourage and of course, Kerio WebMail. You can even migrate data and messages from Outlook on anything held on an MS Exchange server with a handy wizard.
If you're looking for a good alternative to Outlook with more drag and drop features and need group collaboration options, Kerio MailServer is worth a try.
- McAfee update download could fail due to timeout on very slow Internet connection.
- Fixed reloading of antivirus updates in NOD32 LMS antivirus plug-in on Linux.
- Fixed possible crash if the search index for certain folder becomes corrupt.
- IMAP server sent bad response on update of non-existent item in the folder.
- Folder rename in Entourage 2004 could break synchronization of some e-mails.
- Fixed possible service stop when handling certain LDAP query.
- Improved handling of ORCPT e-mail address in SMTP when forwarding e-mails.
- Contact created in Entourage 2004 or Apple Address Book did not have File As property.